X10 Compatibility?

Old 07-02-08, 12:59 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
X10 Compatibility?

Are all brands of X10 devices compatible? I was given a used set up to allow me to remotely turn on the exterior lights on an out-building from inside my home. Installed in the electric panel inside the out-building is an RF100 receiver/relay by ACT. Along with that were two TB100 transmitter/switches, also by ACT. Turns out that one of the TB100's is bad.

I found a supplier on Ebay that sells an X10 transmitter that look identical to the one I need to replace, but I'm not certain if, because they're different manufacturers, it will be compatible with the RF100 receiver?

I know this is a bit vague, but I'm a noobie at this and am only interested in this particular installation to avoid having to pull several hundred feet of new wire.

Last edited by imagineer; 07-02-08 at 01:01 PM. Reason: additional info
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-08, 02:15 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Generally yes. I have at least three different brands here, and several flavors of some of them, all of them seem to be compatible.

The RF stuff may be a different deal, I'm not 100% certain of that. I only have some aging RF controls, and they were all purchased together.