Home Automation Must Have's

Old 11-11-09, 09:19 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Home Automation Must Have's

Hello all,
My house is currently under construction, so now is the time to install any and all home automation products. I was just curious what everyone is doing these days. Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Brian
NJ

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-09, 05:08 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There are a lot of different solutions out there. It all depends upon what you want to control, and how much money you want to spend. There are a lot of different companies out there. From experience, Crestron, and AMX I have had very good luck with, their websites are below:

Crestron Electronics: Home Automation, Building and Campus Control
AMX.com - It's Your World Take Control®

This will at least give you a lot of great ideas as far as what types of things are being done and what will work in your application. The major constraint is with this type of equipment, is that it can get rather expensive in a hurry, and also, that first very advanced programming is required, and professional consultation will more than likely be needed. There are a lot of freelance programmers out there that you may be able to get in contact with, and they could design you a system, and provide you with line drawings as for what wiring to pull to each location, and how to wire up the central controller, then they can remotely upload the controller with program once its hooked up and connected to a network.