Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Home Automation Systems and Devices
Reload this Page >

Possible sequencer circuit board problem with Genie Execelerator garage door

Possible sequencer circuit board problem with Genie Execelerator garage door

Old 01-01-11, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Possible sequencer circuit board problem with Genie Execelerator garage door

I have a Genie Execelerator GDO post 2006 model. The door closes only if pressing the wall console. There are no lites on either sensors (I replaced both thinking this might be the problem, but didn't work). The system self diagnostic status lite have 5 blinks - Safe-T-Beam malfunction. Could this be the sequencer circuit board problem? The voltage at both sensors and the power head connector 2 and 3 are 1.368V. I can't find electrical schematic online for this garage door opener. I want to make sure this time before spending $$ to replace the circuit board. Appreciate any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-11, 05:25 AM
Welcome to the forums. If it's similar to mine, the connector on the board where the wires from the sensors seat may be the problem. Pull the connector and clean the posts with some steel wool or very light sandpaper. Re-seat the connector a few times.

Old 01-04-11, 08:03 AM
Thanks, will try that. Do you happen to know what the correct voltage reading should be. I am getting some voltages, but not sure if it is what it should be. Will do as you suggest and report back. Many thanks

Old 01-04-11, 03:55 PM
I never needed to go so far as to measure voltages. Cleaning the posts and connector solved the problem. I was also unable to find a schematic. Apparently garage door opener design is a very secretive business!

Old 01-06-11, 04:32 PM
I have 2 Genie Excelerator H8000D GDO and when purchased at the Home Depot in 2003 they both came with live time warranty. Last year I was having the same problem with one and called Genie and they said it was the control board. I had to pay $ 6.50 to cover shipping and in about 3 days I got a new board. You may want to call Genie and run your problem by and hopefully yours is warrantied. Good Luck