X10 Light Switches

Old 02-21-11, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
X10 Light Switches

I recently purchased some X10 light switches to replace old ones that quit working.

I ordered X10 Pro model 2031I and was shipped PLW01 by Smarthome... either by mistake, or possible 2031I is out of stock?

My problem is that I am not real fond of the dimming function built into the PLW01switch... i.e. when you tap the switch a couple of times it dims partially and then remembers this setting.... so next time light is turned on, its at this setting not full on. Note, I do occasionally dim the lights from a remote X10 keypad.

Does anyone know if the 2031I is the correct switch model that will be strickly on/off at the switch, but allow remote dimming? Or is there another model I should be looking at.

My wife and kids want the old switches back....

Thanks,

Steve

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-11, 01:45 PM
X10 Light Switches

Hi,
I can't stand those dimming switches either. I have changed all my X10 dimmers to XPS3 Decorator Wall Swtich - X10 Pro.
You can get 3 packs of the xps3 at a discount. I don't remember where I got them, ebay or amazon i think. I think if you order online from either smarthome or x10 you will get tons of spam.I have really enjoyed playing with the stuff and trying to integrate into my ademco vista 128 alarm system. In fact, my wife says it's my hobbie.

Old 03-15-11, 07:22 PM
I guess we're starting to learn to live the dimming switches. I think my family kind of likes the ability to dim at the switch. The problems we have now is with visiting kids that can't figure them out.

It's been a hobby for me as well. I started ~10 years ago and have recently added more switches because I set up an X-10 interface (x10 Commander) to the kid's iPad/iPod. I won't say it made me a hero with them... but they do think it's pretty cool.

Steve