Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Home Automation Systems and Devices
Reload this Page >

What would be the best way to flush mount tablet pc ( iPad) in my shower

Old 05-20-11, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I love listening to music in the shower and I thought it would be cool to go one step further and be able watch/read the news, etc etc. So help me figure the best way to flush mount a tablet pc along with power, connectivity and sound. The tablet is going to be in a wet area With out damaging or limiting the touch screen how could I make this happen
Please help
p.s I hope this is the right forum for this let me know if I should post somewhere else

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-11, 05:19 PM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Welcome to the forums. The company I work for installs that type of thing, and we have never found a solution that will last in a shower for more than a few months. We have had decent luck installing touch screens in dressing areas where they are not subjected to water spray. Even then, the humidity affects the electronics.

You'll be much better off if you can make your viewing and listening selections before you enter the bathroom, and save the web surfing for a less humid environment.

Edit: One installation has a 23" LCD and it's been working for three years. It's actually mounted in the room next to the shower and the owner views it through a window in the wall. If you can seal a remote control in plastic you could go that route. (Do they make remotes for ipads?)

Last edited by Rick Johnston; 05-23-11 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Add paragraph