Push button activated song

Old 11-28-11, 03:57 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Push button activated song

Hello, I am new-ish to the electronics world and am looking for some help with a project. My basement is themed, and I would like to have a push button controlled song to play that goes with theme. For instance, football, whenever my team scores, I want to push a button and have the fight song play. I know the idea would be similiar to having click pens or stuffed animals, that when you push the button on top of pen or on stuffed animal and it makes a noise. I have seen MP3 SD/USB modules that can be hooked up to an amp, but I just felt like that it would be overkill. Ideally, I would like a powered, in-wall speaker, that will play a tune when I press a wall-mounted button. The simplest way would be to play the song on my computer and change inputs on my current amp and play the song, but thats not the point, I want to have a dedicated button with a pre-programmed song that plays on demand. I do have a separate amp that could be used to amplfy a signal if that would help with this idea. Thanks for any help/suggestions/ideas, I am open to all.

Jordan

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-11, 04:01 PM
J
I have also seen programmable MP3 doorbells, but they are expensive and I was hoping there is a better alternative.

Thanks again.

Old 12-05-11, 02:53 PM
D
Old 12-05-11, 03:02 PM
D
This is cheaper but has to be assembled.
Message Recorder Non Volitile Ram 90 Seconds

Old 12-10-11, 08:01 AM
C
I would suggest looking into a message repeater that has contact closure to trigger messages. I did a brief google search, and I found this one, which at first glance appears would do what you want. For your application, multiple messages & songs would require a dedicated switch for each.

here is a link to a message repeater that would work for what you want to do.

SMP 1304 | Digital message repeater | Emergency Voice Evacuation System | Premier Technologies

Old 12-12-11, 03:13 PM
J
These are all wonderful ideas everyone, thank you.