Power failure notification for dehumidifier in crawlspace

Old 02-19-15, 04:02 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Power failure notification for dehumidifier in crawlspace

Hi,

I am thinking of installing a de-humidifier in my crawlspace. The de-humidifier will be plugged into an GFI outlet. My only concern is if the de-hudifier for some reason trips the outlet and shuts off........how will i ever know. I have read online about some of the audible alarms but i am not sure i would hear such a thing and was wondering if there was some way of having a radio or light inside the house or garage which would let me know when de-hudifier was shut off.

any ideas on this subject?

Old 02-19-15, 05:25 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
Maybe you could drill a hole in the floor and plug a light into the dehumidifiers outlet. The light upstairs would go out if the gfci or it's circuit breaker trips. You could use a small LED light or something similar so it wouldn't use much power and would be unlikely to burn out.

Old 02-19-15, 02:54 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
You could do what I have done for customers. Install the GFI receptacle in the basement and add a second standard receptacle, in the crawlspace, to the load side of the GFI receptacle.

The receptacle to put in your basement is an alarm type GFI. Check out the link below.
Audible Alarm | by Legrand

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: