telephone jack

Old 03-28-01, 01:22 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I am dealing with the effects of allowing the wrong person to house-sit for me. During her three months, she had several telephone services added in my name, including a second line. When I moved back in, I called the phone company to cancel all the extra services, including the second line. Now the phone jack next to my computer is not working at all. Seems like there should be a simple way to reactivate that jack to work like the other jacks do with my one phone number - without paying for a telephone company house call. From all I've read, it appears a yellow and black wire represent the second line and I see them now that I've removed the plate from the wall. Now what? Is there something I can do to make the jack work again before this unfortunate experience with the house sitter? Thank you for your time and attention.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-01, 07:35 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There are a couple of approaches that you can take...

First always remember what wires are connected now before trying anything , at least they can be returned.

1. Look at the phone jack that works, see the color of the wires that are connected there. If a different color than change the non working jack to the same color config. as the working jack. See if it works.

2. There should be a terminal block on the outside wall of your house where the phone companies wire meets the inside wiring. If you move the 2 wires leading to inside of the 2nd line to the same 2 connections that lead to the inside for the line you want, it should work without changing anything inside.