Echo Dot as Bluetooth Receiver?

Old 06-04-17, 12:25 PM
O
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Echo Dot as Bluetooth Receiver?

Hi All,

I have one echo dot connected to my a/v receiver so that everything echo says is put out through my audio system setup.

We just got a second echo dot. I realize that there is currently no way to have them both play the same audio at the same time, synced. However, is there a way to have both echo dots play through my receiver?

I have read that an echo dot can actually act as a bluetooth receiver. If true (and please let me know if not true), then can I have the first echo dot act as a receiver and the second/new echo dot just transmit all its sound via bluetooth so that whatever new/second echo dot says is said only through the first echo dot (and then, by virtue of my set-up, passed through to my receiver and audio system setup)?

I realize that I would not hear whatever the new/second echo dot says (because it would be piped into another room), but I already have a solution to that (involving HEOS speakers being part of my audio system setup).

Thanks for any help!

Old 06-04-17, 01:01 PM
O
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Or, anyone know of a bluetooth receiver that can either: (i) accept two bluetooth sources (so I can connect both echo dots to the bluetooth receiver, and the bluetooth receiver would then connect to my a/v receiver via 3.5 mm cable); or (ii) accept a bluetooth source AND simultaneously accept a 3.5 mm cable source (so I can connect one echo dot to the bluetooth receiver via bluetooth and the second echo dot to the bluetooth receiver via 3.5mm cable, and the bluetooth receiver would then connect to my a/v receiver via 3.5 mm cable).

Thanks again!

Old 06-04-17, 06:11 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,952 Upvotes on 3,545 Posts
From support site....
Echo devices can only connect to one Bluetooth device at a given time.

I have one echo dot connected to my a/v receiver so that everything echo says is put out through my audio system setup.
How is that dot connected to the receiver ?

I would imagine you could Y together two 3.5" audio cables into one audio source.

I'm not following why you would want to hear a dot in one room in another room.
Isn't that going to be confusing ?

Amazon echo dot support...amazon/gp/help/customer/echo_dot

Old 03-18-18, 04:38 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Not sure if your still watching this thread, but the echo dots with the correct firmware now can have an audio group that will allow them to play music sync'd to each other. Nice to have a dot in each room and what ever is playing is on in every room....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: