Fan blower CFM controlled by humidity/heat sensors

Old 03-11-19, 08:15 PM
Fan blower CFM controlled by humidity/heat sensors

Is there an easy way to control an in-line fan blower CFM when humidity is too high or temperature is too low?
Do you have any modules in particular to recommend?
I am trying to use a mini split heat pump to heat more rooms in a house by adding a few ducts back and forth each rooms.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-19, 07:35 AM
Or perhaps I could find some electrically controlled duct damper to vary the amount of CFM for each room?

Old 03-15-19, 11:43 AM
It sounds like you want a thermostatically controlled supply duct. Those are common items for 4" ducts and up. They are sold for 120 volt dampers and for 24 v dampers. Here a sample 24 v unit that includes the supply transformer.

https://www.amazon.com/Suncourt-norm...r=8-2-fkmrnull

There are many designs and motors to automate a damper. This design I presented does not require a controller, but does require a wall t-stat purchased separately.

Do not try to control the damper with both the temperature and the humidity. Temperature is usually what drives the primary damper process.

Old 03-15-19, 01:12 PM
Thanks. I wonder if there are some that can be controlled using z-wave or zigbee. That could save a lot of wiring.

Old 03-15-19, 02:53 PM
No. Those wireless applications do not support dampers and blowers. and it would not prevent you from having to hardwire your power circuits to the devices. A damper and blower both require a power source and that cannot be done wirelessly.

Old 03-15-19, 04:51 PM
For sure they need power locally but it would have been nice to remote control them from a wall thermostat unit that runs on battery instead of passing wires in the wall.
Not sure why but on amazon.ca those damper are really pricy compared to amazon.com.