WIFI enabled landscape lighting ?

Old 10-10-19, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
WIFI enabled landscape lighting ?

We are adding some landscape lighting to our backyard in a couple different areas. And I want them to be independent of each other and have them come on at different times. Likely all low voltage lights. I bought a 200w landscape transformer (Kichler brand from Loweís) to plug up to (plugged into GFI external bubble outlet).

But now I think what we really want is to be able to control with my phone. Is there a good WIFI capable landscape transformer people have had success with. Or any other ways that I could control multiple lighting zones independently from my phone? I can take the box I have back, and get a WIFI controller if that is the best bet? Or if there is someway to make the transformer I got WIFI enabled thatís fine...but itís having the different zones (walkway....separate garden Zone....etc) that may be the issue

Any advice is appreciated. Cheers!

Brendan
Davidson NC

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-19, 11:23 PM
Group Moderator
Received 370 Votes on 347 Posts
You again.

You'd use standard low voltage transformers and wifi appliance modules to control the transformer.

Old 10-14-19, 06:17 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Just so I am clear, the transformer goes into the smart plug and then into the gfci bubble outlet? I have overhead bistro string lights and the man normal uplights. really wanted to be able to control them independently. But if the transformer itself is plugged into the smart plug then isnít it all-or-none?

Thanks for the reply!

Old 10-14-19, 04:56 PM
Group Moderator
Received 370 Votes on 347 Posts
Yes.... it's all or nothing.

If you want individual control over certain transformer connected devices.... you'd use a wifi switch or multi switch. These are basic electronic control boards that would need to be installed inside or in a weatherproof enclosure.