garage door remotes

Old 01-09-21, 04:45 PM
Received 289 Votes on 259 Posts
garage door remotes

I have an attached two car garage. Both doors have Craftsman operators. I also have two Skylink mod G6KR remote openers for each door. The interior push buttons for the operators and the Skylinks are located at the back of the garage just next to the house entrance opposite from bay doors. The Skylinks remote keypads are located just outside the bay doors as expected to allow remote entry. The antennae for the Skylinks are about 7Ē long and are about 20 feet from the keypads located outside the bay doors. The Skylinks take two CR2032 coin batteries each.

Hereís the problem, the key pads work intermittently. Not sure if itís the temperature or what. But there seems to no real pattern. One will work when the other may not. Or both wonít work or both will. I think I get better action when the weather is a typical summer day. So winter I expect more problems. But even in winter they may work satisfactory. I also think itís the signal from the antennae that donít get a clear signal. Can you just strip the antenna wire and add more to it? I'm thinking too much metal is affecting the signal.

I will admit Iím using cheap batteries. But if the batteries were the problem I would not expect them to work at all after a few weeks. But these batteries show a good charge and do work some of the time. Even when moths old.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: