Partial wiring

Old 10-02-01, 02:18 AM
Visiting Guest
Some of the wiring is already upgraded. I need to upgrade lights and outlets that have wiring in the fixed walls.

Is there an easy way to run the new wires inside the walls?

Some I have done I just taped the new wire to the old and pulled them thru. Some I'm sure will be fastened in the walls, these are the ones I am asking about.

Thanks

Old 10-02-01, 12:42 PM
sprky
Visiting Guest
hi suzie,
if u r lucky enough that the wire is not secured just contuniue as u have . if the wire is secured the easest way to get wire into the walls is to drill threw the plate from the basement or the attic into the wall cavaty. and fish in new wire. i generly remove the box from the wall to make fishing easer, by cutting the nales that hold the box to ther stud with a jab saw (hacksawblade) if your boxes r in old lath and plaster then removeing them is harder but it can b done, it takes time and pasents to fish walls and a helper is a grate advantage. you also need to abandon the old wire by makeing absulutly sure that it is not tied in to a circuit and then cut off as much of the wire as possabel on both ends so it cant b tied in to a circuit in the future.

Old 10-02-01, 01:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

sprky,
WHERE have you been, old buddy????
Mike

Old 10-02-01, 01:34 PM
Visiting Guest
Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I am dealing with plaster walls but what you posted will do the trick. It'll just be a little tougher.

Thanks for the safety tip, I do have some electrical background so I'll be sure to work safe.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: