Nokia SP 71D1 turns red

Old 08-15-02, 05:14 PM
thomasnorlund
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Nokia SP 71D1 turns red

Hey,
I have a problem with my Nokia SP 71D1 28" color tv.
From time to time - and now almost every time - the picture becomes red. One minute the picture is just okay - the next minute it looks like somebody coated the image with a red film.
Sometimes - that is if I'm lucky - the picture returns to normal after a few minutes - but can also stay like that for an hour.

My guess is that it must be a digital error - but what kind?
It's a totally normal tube-tv set.

best regards
Thomas from Denmark

Old 08-18-02, 12:58 PM
thomasnorlund
Visiting Guest
please

Any idea on the problem would be appreciated

best regards
Thomas

Old 08-18-02, 03:00 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Search...

That is a very obscure TV. I searched for a bit looking for any complaints posted of this phenomena and couldn’t find any references to the condition. I only managed to find two messages about it being completely dead. Someone with some other knowledge will be around soon but its Sunday here so most at church etc.

Old 08-18-02, 08:04 PM
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
thomasnorlund, I'm sure nokia do not make the chassis in that television. You'll need to remove the back cover and look on circuit board for any numbers and or name on that board.

Fred

Old 08-19-02, 09:54 AM
thomasnorlund
Visiting Guest
I am very sure that it is produced by Nokia.
As it says so on the back of the TV.
Nokia had a tv manufacturing plant in Finland until 1996 where it was sold to Akai. My tv is one of the last models that Nokia produced.
I found a page where some errors were listed on the Nokia SP71D1. But not my problem

http://www.e-repair.co.uk/faults/NA013524.HTM

Again any ideas - even the ones that are theoretical - are welcome.

cheers mates
Thomas from Denmark

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: