Philips Projection tv color problem

Old 08-16-02, 04:12 AM
studio54
Visiting Guest
Philips Projection tv color problem

My philips projection tv model 46ce8761 build in 1988 is showing good quality image but the colors do not line up...
i have even tryed the geometrie panel but do not get it to line up properly...
what can i do...???

thnx!!!!

Old 08-17-02, 01:31 PM
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
studio54, If the beam will not lock your problem is on the color convergence board. You can either replace it or contact a service shop tech to come out and take a look at your problem.

Fred

Old 08-18-02, 05:49 AM
studio54
Visiting Guest
Question costs for new board...?

what does a new board cost....?
and sinds yesterday i have also the problem when i want to swith channels , sometimes...i repeat just sometimes the channel does not show...so i just see snow...when going back to the channel i came from this "will" show....when turning the tv off and back on again the problem is solved... what could this be...?

Old 08-18-02, 12:18 PM
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
studio54, There should be a layout diagram in a pouch on the back cover. Locate the convergence board part number and post back with it. If no diagram in pouch you'll have to remove the bottom cover and look for a diagram inside the cabinet.

Sounds like the tuner is failing. The first thing i'd do is check the voltage sources at the power supply and at the tuner to make sure there not falling off due to cracked solder. If the solder joints are ok and the voltages are stable then replace the tuner.

Fred

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: