Pioneer VSX 5300

Old 08-31-02, 01:25 PM
Borntarock
Visiting Guest
Question Pioneer VSX 5300

I've had this Pioneer VSX5300 for quite sometime now, However it's spent more time in storage over the last 7 years than been in actuall use. Storage unit was climate controled. The problem I am having is about a year or so ago the LCD display would go off and on at different times. Sometimes it would go off after the amp was on for an hour or so and other times it would stay on for a day or two. This amp is in perfect working order short of the LCD display.
I've removed the cover cleaned it out with canned air and cleaned as many of the contacts as possible. It came on the other day for a short while 2 days and is now back to on again off again. Any help in this matter would be GREATLY APPRECIATED
TIA
Gary

"Growing Old is Inevitable Growing up is optional"

Old 09-01-02, 03:07 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Solder...

First thing I would do is take it apart and re-solder the LED panel’s connections. Touch up the connections around the character generator and the output/finals and regulators. I bet you are running a florescent display and the lamp is going out or its starter circuit is defective. If it still acts up the character generator would be first suspect, make sure the Vdd/Vcc lines are not dropping more then 7/10ths of a volt (It takes 7/10ths of a volt to change the states of a transistor.) on the generator/control IC’s. I did a fairly deep search for this and came up with quite a few hits. There were multiple reasons why this could happen… Try this and we’ll go from here.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: