rca tv problems..

Old 08-31-02, 08:46 PM
fume711
Visiting Guest
rca tv problems..

i have a rca model f19202wn, chassis ctc175c
the problem with the tv is:
the focus can't be adjusted so the picture is blurry...not sharp and crisps.

the screen does NOT have horizontal or vertical display problems.

if anyone knows where i can get a schematic or if i even need it to repair it, it is greatly appreciated. or anyone that knows the problem and how to fix it.

if you need any other info, just post and i will try to reply asap. i have no trouble soldering and replacing parts as long as there is a place i can get the parts at.

thank everyone with their help.

Old 09-03-02, 01:20 AM
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
fume711, You either have a bad flyback transformer or picture tube. Your focus voltage is at least 4000 to 6000volts DC coming from flyback to the crt socket.

Fred

Old 09-03-02, 03:15 PM
fume711
Visiting Guest
thanx for your reply...i'll test it out first and see which one is broken..thanx for pointing me in the right direction haha.

Old 09-03-02, 09:24 PM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Probabilities are that the High voltage is running unchecked. The regulator circuit may be at fault. Focus voltage is usually about
6000 volts and developed by the high voltage circuit.
When the regulator circuit fails, the manufacturer depends on the fact that you will turn off the set when it goes out of focus.

Two places to find service manuals. One is at
http://www.treasurechestcorp.com/Default.htm

The other is at http://www.samswebsite.com/photofact/pf_search.asp

Tell'm Smokey sent you.

Smokey

Old 09-04-02, 01:39 AM
fume711
Visiting Guest
thank you for your reply....i haven't had time to check on this problem yet but once i get the chance to, i'll post up the results of what happened! I appreciate all the help that is offered!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: