Projection screen TV repair...

Old 09-09-02, 06:14 AM
pot_head
Visiting Guest
Projection screen TV repair...

Hi. I have a 53" Sony projection TV thats approx 5yrs old. I cant think of the model number right now but its like KVP sumthin...

Anyways, my family was moving the TV and my brother accidently broke the tv scree. I think theres 2 layers. Does anyone know approx how much it would cost to replace the screen? Nothing is damaged inside.

Also when im watching tv, theres a double image. The image is red colored. A local tv repair shop said its the convergence or somethin like that. Can someone tell me how much it would cost to repair that also? I just dont want to get ripped off. Plus, tv's are so cheap nowadays, if it cost alot for the screen and the convergence thingy, i might just buy a new tv.

TIA
Harry

Old 09-14-02, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb costs

Screens are about $200.00 each plus getting eh convergence problems fixed.
Might want to think about getting a widescreen

Old 09-15-02, 12:53 PM
pot_head
Visiting Guest
Thankyou.

I have 1 more quick question. I havnt talked to a tv repair shop about getting it fixed yet, but i just ordered a sony 61HS30 and its arriving today. Is there any parts in my old tv, kv53v25, that are interchangeable?

Im just asking because i dont know what to do with my old tv. Its old with a manufacture date of DEC 95, broken screen, convergence thing broken, and i just paid 500$ in repairs for something else(tv wouldnt turn on). Any suggestion on what i should do with it? Is it even worth fixing or should i just throw it away?

Old 09-15-02, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Yard sale

SEll it as-is at a yard sale or in the paper for $100 or whatever you can get for it.
If not, donate it to goodwill
If you set it by the road i guarantee somebody will get it before trash day LOL

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: