Tv Problem

Old 09-09-02, 02:13 PM
RadioShackGirl
Visiting Guest
Tv Problem

i have a 20" sanyo tv it was cheap and is about 3 years old. when you turn the power on you can hear static but the screen is black. when you plug in an antenna or cable to the coax input it there is still just static and black screen. the tv menus work and all other functions. is it possible that the jack in the back needs replaced?? i opened the set and blew it out with canned air, diddnt help.

Old 09-09-02, 06:33 PM
davidf
Visiting Guest
black screen

Was the TV working when you bought it?Maybe your picture controls are turned way down.Is there sound?What happens when you whack it on the side of the tv?

Old 09-10-02, 12:18 AM
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
Whats the model number and date of manufacture of this television?

Fred

Old 09-12-02, 09:19 AM
RadioShackGirl
Visiting Guest
the tv had been working fine since i got it. one day it just stopped. there is sound but all you hear is static and the screen is black static.

it is a sanyo model # ds19380. manufactured in 1998

Old 09-12-02, 06:42 PM
davidf
Visiting Guest
tv black

The picture tube is probably finished.I read in consumers report about a year ago that TV's nowadays last only from three to five years but they cost half as much as ten years ago which is not surprising that they last half as long as ten years ago.I bought a Sony 27 inch ten years ago for 1100 dollars Canadian and it lasted ten years until this year.I bought a new 27 inch JVC this year for 550 dollars Canadian.Both were SVHS and it will be interesting to see how long this one will last.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: