CD stops spinning - Aiwa CD player

Old 09-12-02, 08:22 AM
stilllearning23
Visiting Guest
CD stops spinning , restarts - Aiwa CD player

AiwaCD stereo model # NSX- V 50 ---- the CD disc stops spinning after approx 5 seconds , then pauses for another 5 seconds , then it resumes play . It seems that the "play" process is on hold . I believe that this limited to the first track each time a CD loaded . What is happening ? What is the resolution ? Additionally , I removed the cover and can clearly see the optical eye . I used Windex / Q-tip to clean the optical eye lens , hoping that this would fix the skipping part of the first track , but the skip / pause / delay still persists.

Last edited by stilllearning23; 09-12-02 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-13-02, 11:21 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Lazer...

Well the laser has most likely lost focus or the voltage has got out of range. They have a 5% tolerance but the laser only runs at .450 Mv or so. So a 5% drift can really cause problems. Aiwa was/is the worlds worse CD player in my opinion. I literally had an inch thick stack of service bulletins from Aiwa just for CD players! You will have to take this in for repair, unless you have a 60 Mhz scope, the schematic and be able to cuss in a sentence and, this is important, make sense…

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: