Hitachi 43fdx01b random shut off

Old 10-13-02, 06:52 AM
kchuck1
Visiting Guest
Hitachi TV 43" #43fdx01b TV random shut off

I have a Hitachi 43fdx01b 43" projection TV that will at random turn off the picture and sound. The red power light in front stays on. The only way to get the set back on is to turn off and wait 5 or more minutes. The TV may only stay on for 20 minutes or so before shutting off again. This set is only 2 years old and would appreciate any help that you can give me.

Thanks

Last edited by kchuck1; 10-13-02 at 12:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-02, 06:01 AM
sledrmike
Visiting Guest
Angry Hitachi tv problem

I have the same problem with my 3 year old 50 in. Hitachi turning itself off then having to reset it,problem is you no longer can reset it, it gets to a point where resetting does not even help, this Tv has been repaired twice already and Hitachi claims this not there problem, the Sears technician told me otherwise now its time to battle Hitachi because I have found complaint after complaint with the same problem from other comsumers

Old 10-21-02, 01:58 PM
kchuck1
Visiting Guest
TV set no longer turns on

You are right Sledrmike my set no longer even turns on. The TV is out for repair and I will let me know what the problem was when it gets fixed. Did the technician that fixed your TV tell you what they repaired?

Thanks, Mark

Old 10-21-02, 02:27 PM
sledrmike
Visiting Guest
Question Hitachi TV defect

Mark;The reason I posted my gripe to start with ,was that I have had my Hitachi 50 ;in. fixed twice already and the problem which the technician says is a short in the brain of the tv is a common problem among many hitachi owners, and at this point my tv is still broke because I will continue to press hitachi to replace the defected part not just fix until the next time which believe me will come ,Good Luck with your repair and please stay in touch [email protected]