52 inch lxi big screen tv green problem

Old 10-12-02, 04:49 AM
longshot21771
Visiting Guest
52 inch lxi big screen tv green problem

I have a 1996 lxi model # 626.54528 690 , 52inch projection tv also there is a ptv730-ah01 number there (PHILIPS??) anyways the problem that I am having is there is a green like fog that is around anything on the screen that is a bright color whites etc. Also can see it at bottom of screen just a few inches below the movie itself around a wide screen movie like a fog (in the black section) . I tried turning down the green some but lose the skin tones also I cleaned the mirror real well and the projection lenses which made a world of difference in the clarity of the picture but the green haze or fog is still there. Could the green crt board be bad? or the green tube if it is can it be a do it yourself project?Any suggstions or help would be appreciated Thank YOU

Old 10-12-02, 05:13 PM
ajackson123
Visiting Guest
Green fog...

Sounds to me like the convergence is off in your projection TV. Don't know how handy you might be in adjusting it (or if it will even allow you to access the controls), but basically it means that one of the three "guns" (red, blue, green) is out of alignment. OOPS, strike that - in most cases the green is the reference meaning red and blue are out of alignment

Old 10-12-02, 08:35 PM
longshot21771
Visiting Guest
I already adjusted that the best I could the set has a menu that you can adjust it by with a whit cross and you just have to line the green and blue in the center real easy.Its actually like a green glow around the brighter things on the tv not like a blur
Thanks for the reply

Old 10-18-02, 09:21 AM
ngreene
Visiting Guest
I have seen this occur on several philips/magnavox projection sets..I think the coolant fluid for your picture tubes is contaminated. If you know how to pull the front screen from your set you can look directly into the three tubes while the set is turned on however be sure and turn your brightness and contrast down to halfway or less so the tubes want be so bright as to hurt your eyes. If the tubes have a milky look to them then they are contaminated and need to have the fluid changed. This is a common problem in Philips/Magnavox sets that are 5 or more years old....hope this helps

Old 10-21-02, 07:48 PM
longshot21771
Visiting Guest
Thanks

Wow what a diffrence changing the coolant fluid had made at first I had called a local shop to do it $440 !!!!! crazy so I took it upon myself to do it.Took a whole ten minutes to pull the green and blue crt's out packed em up and called another shop and asked what will cost to just clean em up and change the fluid Total spent was $84.00 and well worth .I am shocked at how easy it is was to remove the crt's just have to be carefull so before anyone spends more than they probably spent for the tv look into doing it yourself.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: