Using a VCR to tape DVD movies

Old 10-22-02, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Using a VCR to tape DVD movies

I have taped movies for personal use from one VCR to another. Since I have installed a DVD on which I now play movies, how can I record the DVD movie, which plays on the video 1 location of the television, onto a VCR tape?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-02, 09:04 PM
longshot21771
Visiting Guest
the dvd player will most likely have macrovision protection so even if you get the vcr to record from the dvd player it will be distorted video first you need to hack the dvd player to disable the macrovision protection.

Old 10-23-02, 07:26 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by longshot21771
the dvd player will most likely have macrovision protection so even if you get the vcr to record from the dvd player it will be distorted video first you need to hack the dvd player to disable the macrovision protection.
I don't have the technical expertise to do what you advised. But is it works maybe I can dig someone up. Is there anyway to program the VCR to the video 1 output of the TV e.g. is there anyway to tap the TV while it is playing the movie from the DVD? Further, is there anything out there to purchase which permits me to run the DVD through it to permit quality recording by the VCR? Thanks for you assistance.

Old 10-23-02, 06:17 PM
longshot21771
Visiting Guest
go from your video out on your dvd player to the video in on your vcr then from the dvd audio out to the vcr video in on your vcr.Even better use the digital out from the dvd player and hook it to a home theater system receiver then from the receiver to your vcr.I know alot hooking up hope this helps.If you do a web search for dvd hacks I am sure you can find one for your brand of dvd player some just involve a combination of keys pushed on a remote to disable the macrovision protection.

Old 10-24-02, 09:21 AM
Gary Tait
Visiting Guest
Unless your A/V system uses some cabling scheme I don't know of, you
will have to connect the DVD outputs
to the VCR inputs manually (by acutally
unplugging and moving cables around)