Sony Trinitron 32"

Old 10-23-02, 08:10 PM
buffy93944
Visiting Guest
Sony Trinitron 32"

I have a Sony Trinitron 32" TV that is about 6 years old. When I turn the TV off it takes a long time to come on, the red standby timer will blink and you can hear the sound but no picture. Then when it comes on, the picture blinks for about 10-20 min then it is fine. I took it to a repair store about 6 months ago and was told something had shorted (some kind of gun) and was fixed for the time being but if it messed up again, it may be picture tube. But if it was the picture tube then would it have worked after he done repairs then? It worked fine until about a month ago and would not come back on at all. I just turned it on today to see if it would come on, and after a blank screen (With sound) for about 15 min it came on blinking again. Any suggestions? Thanks, Tammy

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-02, 08:36 AM
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
Buffy93944, Count the blinks a post back. Sound like he made a temporary repair to the IK circuit.

Fred

Old 10-25-02, 10:48 AM
buffy93944
Visiting Guest
I turned the TV on and I had sound and no picture, the standby timer blinked for 15 min every 2 sec (so about 450 blinks if my math is right). Then the picture came on and it blinked for about 10- 15 min ( i counted 82 blinks) it started out with the pic blinking about every 4-5 seconds, then as it was on longer it went to about 35 or 40 seconds between blinks. Then I watched for another 10 min and it didnt blink but one or 2 more times. But it doesnt stop blinking any, it just gets more spaced out, then sometimes it will start blinking more frequently again, if that makes any sense. Oh and once the pic comes on, the stand by timer light quits blinking, but then the pic is blinking. This TV is about 5 or 6 years old. I know they are cheaper now but we paid over 700.00 for it, i hate to just throw it out. Thanks for any help!! Tammy

Old 10-25-02, 12:43 PM
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
Continuous blinking means the crt guns are the problem in this case. The picture tube needs replacing.

Fred

Old 10-25-02, 05:37 PM
buffy93944
Visiting Guest
Thats what I was afraid of, well thanks for your help! I guess thats what my hubby will get for Christmas. =) Tammy