Mitsubishi 27" TV clicks but will not power on. Model # CS-2715R

Old 11-10-02, 08:31 PM
rockotiger
Visiting Guest
Question Mitsubishi 27" TV clicks but will not power on. Model # CS-2715R

I have a Mitsubishi 27" CS-2715R, made October 1991.

It only clicks (I guess its the relay) when you press power, but it does not stay on. The CRT comes on for a second (no picture or anything; it is still black, but you can hear and feel the static on the screen) and then goes right back off with the click. All within about 1 second.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
RT

Old 11-17-02, 11:37 AM
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
Tech Tip as follows:

1)Relay engages but no start up./ Suspect open L909. Located on pcb-deflection at i.c.901 pin#1. Part#411p012010.

2)Power up inop. in shutdown./Ic901, r903 increased in value, . Also check 2200uf and 1000uf capacitors in the power supply.

3)Power supply and h.v. cycles on and off./Rk7 B+ supply to protect is open.

Fred

Old 12-29-02, 05:58 PM
rockotiger
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

Fred,

Sorry to be a delinquent poster. I have just gotten around to checking the thing today. It appears that the resistor may be the problem. You noted it as RK7. On the board i only found R5K7 (i think?). It tests open and the unit now acts the same (which now is turning on and off rapidly) with the resistor completely removed.

Tomorrow, I'm off to Radio Shack to (hopefully) find a new 33K Ohm resistor tomorrow.

I'll update with the results.

RT

Old 12-30-02, 02:23 PM
rockotiger
Visiting Guest
No such resistor at Radio Shack or in their catalog. Any ideas on where to buy resistors and other components online? I checked jameco.com and they didn't have anything close to what i needed. I really don't know where to check for a better selection.

thanks,
rt

Old 01-17-03, 08:50 AM
rockotiger
Visiting Guest
Talking FIXED! wooohoo!

Ok so I finally tracked down the resistor at www.digi-key.com (thanks Fred!) and that did the trick. I've left it on for 8 or 10 hours at a time for a couple days at it has had no problems.

Thanks, Fred, for you help!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: