DVD Players

Old 11-14-02, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DVD Players

I know my dvd player will play VCD but is there any players that can play SVCD?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-02, 05:53 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Well...

I have read that Pioneer and JVC both had one and I think one called Orion or something like that does too. Saw that one in a truck stop out in California last year. I would think any of the higher-grade units would cover all formats. I was reading on CNET not long ago that a new laser has been developed that will pretty much make all the DVD's we have now worthless. The new format holds like three times more data etc. Blue laser if I remember right. I still havenít bought a DVD player, I use the one in the computer and SVGA out of the Radeon card to the TV. I was in Dillonís (Kroger) grocery store yesterday and saw a DVD player for $40 US. Canít remember the brand but I recognized it, said it played all formats. But soon as someone comes up with a format that is going to be world wide etc I will buy one. My satellite gives a great picture and with almost 600 channels of audio and video, I pretty much get to watch what I want. Hey, plumber does a wax seal in a toilet get weak? Or cause a toilet to flush slow? I will post that in plumbing too. Laterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr