Dvd ?

Old 11-15-02, 08:32 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dvd ?

I hope i'm in the right forum. I'm looking for a machine that i can copy a bunch of VHS tapes over to DVD. I know nothing about this stuff. All suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-02, 11:50 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Deep Pockets...

Well there are several, Best Buy, Circuit City will be your best bet. And a deep pocket wonít hurt either. Around $3000 for a good one. I believe I saw one for around $900. The 3K one was a stand alone and the $900 one was inboard in a computer. Iím sure they have come down some though. I also cannot stress enough to purchase the extended warranty if offered for this. The technology is relatively new and Iím not sure about reliability at this pointÖ

Old 11-15-02, 02:14 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Depends on the quality of the capture you are wanting. If you just want to have them all on a dvd so you can store them easier, it is NOT that expensive. Maybe 300 bucks for a stand alone DVD-R. A TV tuner or capture card, such as an ATI TV tuner or an All in Wonder Video card would be quite a bit cheaper.
But that is not a professional quality video capture. But neither is VHS.

Old 11-15-02, 08:04 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Price...

I took a little time and did a search for burners thru Google. The link is attached, they have them down to around $150 for a fair performing unit. I saw a couple externals for around $500. The Sony looked like it would be the best deal.

http://www.dealtime.com/dt-app/SE/FN...re-prices.html