"Pioneer VS800 DVD skips and stops"

Old 11-25-02, 08:36 AM
yamdran
Visiting Guest
"Pioneer VS800 DVD skips and stops"

I've been experiencing some skips and stops on my Pioneer VS800 DVD system when playing VCD and DVD movies. I'm sure that my discs are smooth and clean. What can I do to stop this annoying performance? What could be the reason for such malfunction? Pls. help...

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-02, 03:43 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool More info...

Well there are several things, how old is the unit? Does it get a lot of play? Do you smoke or live in a dusty area? Have you tried to clean the optics with a cleaning disk of some kind? Age and use will determine if it needs to go into a shop and be realigned. I await your response sahib…

Old 11-26-02, 09:17 AM
yamdran
Visiting Guest
The unit is about 12 months old and is used only on sundays when the family get together and enjoy watching movies and videoke. I have not used any cleaning agents/device since it was bought but I've been wanting to clean it with a commercially available lens cleaner that look like a conventional cd with smooth brushes on one side. Is this safe to use? And, yes, I live in a fairly dusty environment. Unfortunately, bringing the unit off to a shop is a last resort, technical repair in our area is not cheap. So, what else can I do? Really, I need help...