Mitsubishi Rear Projector Convergence proceedure

Old 12-15-02, 11:31 AM
MadDog351c
Visiting Guest
Mitsubishi Rear Projector Convergence proceedure

I scored an older (circa 1990) Mitsubishi 40" rear projector, no data tag, no mod #, no remote. (what do ya want for $50?) I can't locate the grid sw/ to do a convergence, so i used the direcTV menu screen. did not successfully complete a good convergence. Is there a typical sequence for a convergence? the board has only red & blue adj. All I can find is a ser # sticker on the chasis of the output board R 40306868

ANY info would be muchly apreciated

Old 12-22-02, 01:47 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Profesionally done

These older sets use a manual convergence panel to do all the fine adjustments, unfortunately you need a service manual (or a lot of experience) to understand what the controls do and how they work.
Chances are if the convergence is WAY off one of the IC's has probably gone bad, the reason you got the TV for $50 to begin with

Old 12-26-02, 09:31 AM
MadDog351c
Visiting Guest
R V H is frozen on the left side of the screen. the right side will adj but left stays the same size. keystone, tilt, R V Lin, none of them seem to make a diff. I've spent hrs and logged several combinations. I was able to clean up the blue gun adjustments, they all work fine and blue is right on w/ green, red is ok on the right side but that left isway out. bad IC?

btw. the pic wasn't too bad when I got it about a yr ago, (bought it form work) but there was a little red shadow, once I made the first adj the left side snapped and hasn't moved since.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: