Pioneer SDP4683 Projection TV Convergence Board

Old 01-07-03, 03:17 PM
Steve Zelko
Visiting Guest
Pioneer SDP4683 Projection TV Convergence Board

I just received a rebuilt convergence board from Pioneer. To switch the old and new boards I assumed all it would take is a few screws and plug-ins. Well that is not the case. The instructions sent with the board call for a transferring of sub-assemblies from the old board to the new one. They include 1)sub-convergence assembly 2) convergence pd assembly 3) connector g6 4) connector g7. I believe I found 1 and 2. There appears to be lugs coming out of the main board that are soldered to these assemblies (1 and 2). There is also a plug-in at each one. It looks like I have to disconnect (melt the solder) these assemblies from the lugs on the old board and solder to the lugs on the new board. As far as the g6 and g7 connectors, I can't find them. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-03, 11:28 PM
iwannasee
Visiting Guest
Hi there, did you have any luck with this "operation"?

Thanks,

Warren

Old 01-11-03, 07:37 AM
Steve Zelko
Visiting Guest
Hi Warren

Thanks for the reply. I understand a little more than I did when I wrote the original post. I found G6 and G7 connectors. They have to be removed from the old board and installed on the new one. There are lugs on the main board where these connectors are soldered. I am thinking of taking the boards to a shop where they can do this, unless you can walk me thru it. As far as the sub-convergence assembly, I believe this is the cardboard backer that the PCB is fastened to. There are 6 or 8 screws that I have to deal with. Not a problem. As far as the PD assembly, I'm not sure what this is. The PCB part number is AWZ5981. I am interested in your thoughts on this and any advise that you can give me. Thank you.

Best regards

Steve

Old 01-11-03, 08:47 AM
iwannasee
Visiting Guest
Hi Steve, I apologize, but I can't be of much assistance. I am about to buy a used version of this model tv, and was just looking for background info. Good luck with your venture!

Warren

Old 08-10-08, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve Zelko View Post
Hi Warren

Thanks for the reply. I understand a little more than I did when I wrote the original post. I found G6 and G7 connectors. They have to be removed from the old board and installed on the new one. There are lugs on the main board where these connectors are soldered. I am thinking of taking the boards to a shop where they can do this, unless you can walk me thru it. As far as the sub-convergence assembly, I believe this is the cardboard backer that the PCB is fastened to. There are 6 or 8 screws that I have to deal with. Not a problem. As far as the PD assembly, I'm not sure what this is. The PCB part number is AWZ5981. I am interested in your thoughts on this and any advise that you can give me. Thank you.

Best regards

Steve
Hi, Steve. Where you successfull with the AWZ5981 convergence assy installation and if so, send email tips, schematic, etc on how to do it? I can buy the assy for ~$350 for my 1995 Pioneer SD-P5185K rear projection tv that has conv. issues now. Can anyone shed any light on if it is worthwhile tackling myself, let a TV service do it or scrap the TV? Otherwise the TV has been an awesome purchase for 13 years!

Old 08-10-08, 03:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The post is 5 years old.you most likely won't get a responce.Have you looked at the new tvs? The picture quality has come a long way in 13 years. I usually suggest to people not to spend that kind of money on a set 13 years old.But if you want to fix it ,when the new part comes in it should not be a problem to install it.Make sure you follow the saety guidelines for working on tvs.