wavy lines, poor blacks on Sony Wega

Old 01-10-03, 08:48 PM
arlo1966
Visiting Guest
wavy lines, poor blacks on Sony Wega

I have a 27" Sony Wega that's about a year old. When I first got it, the picture was incredible, especially when I played dvd's through the component video. But, now the picture has gotten pretty bad and I think it's isolated to the component video in.

I have an XBox and have been using it for games and dvd. The blacks, especially in dark scenes, is extremely grainy and flashes or pulses. The picture seems a bit squeezed in horizontally on the right hand side. For games, the letters that used to be crisp are wavy. I tried my old dvd player with different component cables with the same result.

I don't remember any picture problems before I started using the XBox, but I'm not sure if it's related. Thanks.

Old 01-12-03, 11:13 AM
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
Sounds like of possible problem in the voltage regulator circuit. You did disconnect everyting except the cable and checked the picture? What the model number and date of manufacture on this television?

Fred

Old 01-12-03, 03:40 PM
arlo1966
Visiting Guest
KV-27FS100. I didn't remove everything else, first. Could that matter? Thanks.

Old 01-12-03, 04:05 PM
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
Start with just the cable signal applied to the television.

Fred

Old 01-20-03, 08:51 AM
arlo1966
Visiting Guest
Well, it's still not perfect, but I'm thinking this has at least something to do with the settings being goosed a little too high.

When I do the anamorphic wide screen and use the enhanced 16:9, the picture is pretty intense. I noticed that if I turned downt the picture and bright about 50%, it takes away most of the problem. This makes some sense since the problem is only happening with the component video and nothing else. If it were the voltage regulator or something, it seems it would be across the board.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: