magnavox 27" tv has non-stop demo

Old 01-18-03, 06:40 PM
dmcgill
Visiting Guest
magnavox 27" tv has non-stop demo

Howdy, I have inherited a Magnavox 27" tv (model HD2715c203) that has a continually playing demo as soon as the power is turned on and won't stop until the power is off. I have played
with all the buttons and even tried to set up a
universal remote (no remote came with tv) without any luck.
If anyone has any suggestions, it will be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone know of a website that may have a user manual for this model?

Thanks
dmcgill

Old 01-26-03, 10:07 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If memory serves me correct the volume button and channel buttons are next to each other. If you push the left buttons of the volume and channel at the same time it should stop. If this doesn't work, try both right buttons at the same time. Is/was your TV a rent to own TV? Hope this helps.

Osphoto

Old 01-29-03, 08:23 AM
dmcgill
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up magnavox 27" tv scrolling demo

Thanks for the help. I was able to press the two channel buttons at the same time to get it to stop. Now if I could only locate a copy of the users manual on line. Any suggestions? I tried the Magnavox website, but no go there. This tv came from our recycle center. It was being trashed by someone who could not figure out how to stop the demo. It is a perfectly good tv and now I am able to enjoy it hooked up to my cable stations.
Thanks
dmcgill@mcgillicuddy.com

Old 01-29-03, 07:49 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You're welcome. If you have a rent to own company in your area like a Colortyme, or Rent-a-Center, they might have a manual. I used to be in the business, so I will see what I can find in my area. Good luck for now.

Osphoto

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: