distorted color on my Sharp TV

Old 01-29-03, 04:29 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question distorted color on my Sharp TV

How do you get rid of that distorted color that comes up in the corner of TV's? I'm not sure if there is a way to get rid of it besides a new tv but I could swear I heard that you can get rid of it. Thanks

Old 01-30-03, 01:00 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
The distorted color at the corner of the TV screen is normally resulted by some residue magnetic field that your picture tube ran into. Sometimes, it was created by its own internal circuit like the Yoke which generates magnetic field to deflect the electron beams to scan on the picture tube to form picture that we can see.

There is a process call "Degaussing" using some kind of hand-held tool that generates random magnetic fields. By waving it on top the problem area on the picture tube (while the set is on) will gradually smooth out the residue magnetic in the picture tube, therefore restore the original color.

New TV or monitor has this automatic degaussing built in. Everytime you turn on the TV or computer monitor, the deguassing procedd come on automatically, you can notice the picture gets wavy for a moment during the process.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: