tv

Old 02-24-03, 10:27 AM
iolanda
Visiting Guest
Question tv

I have a 1993 Mitsubishi TV. I can't figure out what happened to the screen. All of a sudden one day, it went black with a single white line straight down the middle (top to bottom). Any ideas what the problem could be??

Old 02-24-03, 11:15 AM
short_circutz
Visiting Guest
Sounds like issues with ther horizontal control section. Sounds like it's repair shop time. Try to get an estimate first. The TV is 10 years old, it may be more viable to just purchase a new one.

Old 02-24-03, 12:18 PM
Teratum
Visiting Guest
Your TV has lost its vertical scan. This is a common symptom on older TV. 80-90% of the time it because of IC LA7838 (final vertical amp)went bad.

The replacement IC cost around $2.85, but the labor to get to it cost much more. Anyway if you can fix it yourself, it can be rewarding financially and mentally.

You might want to browse other articles that contain Mitsubishi TV on this doityourself web site to get other ideas on similar problems.

Old 02-24-03, 09:00 PM
ldave_x
Visiting Guest
Since you have high voltage, the horizontal deflection circuits are probably working. Most likely a bad solder connection on the main board and probably just before the deflection yoke. It might also be a bad yoke, or linearity coil. Based on these symptoms, I'm almost certain it's not an IC or transistor that is bad. I agree with short_circutz that you may want to consider purchasing a new set as opposed to spending much money on this one. Teratum is right that the labor cost for repairs usually far exceed parts cost in most cases.

Old 02-25-03, 11:02 PM
iolanda
Visiting Guest
Thank you for your replies. Looks like I'll be shopping for a new set.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: