sony 8mm

Old 03-25-03, 04:34 PM
babyburrow
Visiting Guest
sony 8mm

I have a sony handycam video8 ccd-tr33 ntsc. its about 7 yrs old, everytime I play a tape it stops playing and an arrow with a line below it flashes in the viewfinder. Is this telling me the heads need to be cleaned? Can I clean them if this is the problem?

ty mario

Old 03-25-03, 04:58 PM
Teratum
Visiting Guest
Every camcorder is different. Please consult your owner manual of your 8mm ccd-TR33. The troubleshooting section should tell you what the arrow flashing in the view finder means.

I really doubt that it has something to do with dirty tape head.

Old 03-31-03, 06:52 PM
L
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy good luck brother!

I owned the next better camera, and my buddy owned the one that you have. Mine broke and I took it to Sony, $125+ later it worked 7 or 8 more times but the warranty was up when it crapped out for good. My budies did the same, I threw them both in the can! What you are seeing is the camera forgetting that it has a tape in it. The problem starts by the picture getting a little screwed up once in a while. It then goes into shutting down randomly with the flashing Ikon. I originally thought that mine got screwed up by the high humidity when I took it to Aruba. Your problem is common with that model. Fortunately the prices came down, save your $ and buy a new one. Fixing it is throwing good money away in my opinion. Sorry!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: