Vcr

Old 05-03-03, 12:37 PM
VBordo84
Visiting Guest
Vcr

I have a Panasonic VCR I can record but it wont play back.I did not use it for six months when I did go to use it thats what happened.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-03, 11:18 PM
Teratum
Visiting Guest
Please elaborate "It can't play back." Does it means the motor run and the tape moves, but no picture, or the tape does not move at all?

How about FF and rev? Do they work?

How do you know that you have recorded it successfully? You play the tape with other VCR?
I can not help you if I have nothing to work with.

Old 05-07-03, 02:18 PM
VBordo84
Visiting Guest
VCR

I have a Panasonic Model No.PV1520 Ser.No.F3SA33978 I place tape in the display says play, counter dose not move then it times out. Press FF counter moves rapidly. Pressing Rewind and that works normally.Press Eject and the tape comes out normal. I tried running a tape cleaner in the FF position but that didn't help.

Old 05-07-03, 04:20 PM
Teratum
Visiting Guest
It seems like the motor and the control are still good. Can you open the cover and measure the dc voltage at the motor terminal when you push "PLAY" vs when you push "Record"? If you don't have the DC voltage when PLAY is pushed, trace back the circuit to see what is driving the motor. It can be a transistor, an IC , or a mechanical switch. Check if you see anything wrong in them.