Dvd

Old 10-13-03, 04:24 PM
Mollybees
Visiting Guest
Dvd

We have a (new) Sony DVD/CD player/radio receiver, and a Sony TV: purchased at the same time. For the life of me, I can't figure out if the TV sound is supposed to be able to be heard through the DVD speakers, or just through the normal TV speakers. I can't tell from the set up book for either the DVD or the TV. ARGHHH!

Do most DVD/CD players allow regular TV sound to be heard through the DVD speakers? Thanks for your thoughts...

Old 10-22-03, 05:49 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The answer to your question is no.

DVD and CD players are designed to read the digital information on the DVD or CD (or MP3, etc.) and send it off to an amplifier, or some other device to play the sound. Sometimed a DVD player may be able to be directly connected to speakers, but not usually.

Your DVD player connects to your TV via either an SVideo cable, a regular video cable, or with a component video cable. There may also be 2 audio cables.

There is usually no audio input to a CD or DVD player.

Old 10-23-03, 09:36 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
maybe you can clarify. check the diagrams athttp://www.coastcommunications.com/h...l#anchor612865 and see if any of their diagrams look similiar to yours. If they do, that's a starting point. try it and maybe someone can help you. I think the term you need to stress is reciever. if so you should be able to run rca terminals from your tv's audio out , to your reciever's audio input. good luck. snuffs

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: