No tv/video?

Old 01-23-04, 08:41 PM
Honeydews4me
Visiting Guest
Question No tv/video?

Mother in law asked me to hook up her new Apex DVD to her two year old RCA TV. Video plus left and right audio and no other components made me think no problem.

The TV does not have a tv/video switch nor does the remote, has a video channel instead. The DVD directions did not cover this possibilty and the TV owners manual is long gone.

I rescaned the channels with the DVD turned on in hopes that the video channel could read the DVD signal. Alas the gods must be crazy.

I must be missing something simple here, do not think I should need an RF modulator to make this work.

Please help a soon to be more disliked son in law.

Old 01-24-04, 07:53 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If the tv has an audio/video input (rca jacks), then it has a video switch. That would be the video channel. Sometimes it is just below ch 2, sometimes it will say video1. I've even seem ch 99 as the video channel. If it has the inputs you should find it.

If it only has an rf cable connection, you may have to use the modulator.

fred

Old 01-25-04, 09:43 PM
keiser
Visiting Guest
Re: No tv/video?

Need the make and model on each or its all guess work.

keiser

Originally posted by Honeydews4me
Mother in law asked me to hook up her new Apex DVD to her two year old RCA TV. Video plus left and right audio and no other components made me think no problem.

The TV does not have a tv/video switch nor does the remote, has a video channel instead. The DVD directions did not cover this possibilty and the TV owners manual is long gone.

I rescaned the channels with the DVD turned on in hopes that the video channel could read the DVD signal. Alas the gods must be crazy.

I must be missing something simple here, do not think I should need an RF modulator to make this work.

Please help a soon to be more disliked son in law.

Old 01-26-04, 09:27 AM
Honeydews4me
Visiting Guest
model#

The TV is an RCA model #e13320
and the DVD player is AMW model#ABT/S99

Old 01-27-04, 01:15 AM
keiser
Visiting Guest
Re: model#

Here is your manual for that model TV,

http://www.rca.com/documents/15581770_701185_25.pdf

Front Panel Jacks
Audio IN and Video IN Jacks
Receives audio signals from another component, like a VCR or camcorder when it is connected to these jacks. You may have to purchase audio and video cables from your local electronics store.
To select these front panel jacks, press INPUT on your remote control.

Originally posted by Honeydews4me
The TV is an RCA model #e13320
and the DVD player is AMW model#ABT/S99

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: