aiwa boombox

Old 03-14-04, 07:14 AM
railroadcar
Visiting Guest
aiwa boombox

my wife has a aiwa boombox ca dw700m. She says that the cds are stuck and will not eject. Is there a mechanicial way of ejecting these cds? She thinks that someone might have accidently put an extra one in.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-04, 04:45 PM
Resaw
Visiting Guest
Railroadcar.
I have worked on countless 3 cd changers. Is this CD changer 7 cds?
I have some suggestions for you. Take the case off. Sometimes they are slightly tricky, see if you can take the top of the changer off, i am assuming the CD tray is located in the top of the unit. Sometimes you have to take the 2 sides off before the top case comes loose. See if there is a CD that is loose in there, or anyting obstructing the tray from sliding, or rotating. (you wouldn't believe what i've found, milk caps, pencils etc.)

Next if there is nothing that seems to be obstructing the movement, it could possibly be the drive belt. There might be a motor toward the back of the unit in the CD carraige. IT will have a little rubber belt attached to it. Check to make sure that belt is in the cogs, and that it is not slipping. If it is slipping, take some rubbing alcohol on a q tip, and rub the belt with it. Sometimes this helps refresh the belt. Good luck. Take your time, and remember how it goes back together. If you need any further instruction on how to get it apart or something just post back.

Good luck

Old 03-15-04, 05:57 PM
railroadcar
Visiting Guest
boombox

Thanks resaw: I will give it a try. Maybe I will just buy a new one for the wife.
Railroadcar

Old 03-15-04, 06:24 PM
Resaw
Visiting Guest
If you are into trying it might be worth it, before you buy one.

Good luck