Channel 21 on a Sony

Old 03-20-04, 06:25 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Channel 21 on a Sony

No longer have cable I have a sony trinatron 13 inch I move from NJ to NY upstate and want to watch PBS on channel 21 -uhf?
How do i get these channels to come in? I don't see anything on my remote or tv. TV is only 5 years old.

Old 03-20-04, 01:17 PM
You have to switch from cable to air, using the setup menu, which is accessed from the oringal sony remote. if you are using a universal remote, you may not be able to get to the menu options. some sonys also don't have the setup menu on the tv itself, like mine. I have the problem with my sony. i even bought a sony universal remote, still could not get to setup menu. my orignal sony remote costs 74.00, so i just put my tv on channel 3 or 4, and usew the vcr's tuner, and set it to air. works but still miss my old remote. good luck snuffs

Old 03-22-04, 05:39 PM
S
If you were to buy a programmable remote you could teach it the code you need from another remote. This remote:

Harmony Remote

While expensive, is incredibly easy to use and automaticly downloads all the codes for your equipment from the internet. It probably costs more than a 13" tv, but is a very cool toy.

Old 03-22-04, 06:40 PM
Resaw
Visiting Guest
I have a friend who recently got a fancy programmable remote from e-bay. Aparently it was a steal, and it sure looks like the thing is a steal. He made a serial connector so he can link it with his comp, and upload codes into the remote. The thing also learns from another remote. Very cool. He told me there is a "community" online that deals with this remote controll soop up hobby.

Anyway, i suggest if you want the biggest bang for your buck, check out ebay.

Old 03-22-04, 09:25 PM
S
The remote your friend has sounds alot like a Philips Pronto. I have one, and it has almost an infinite potential for customization. THe only drawback is that it can take _days_ to get it "just right". I have at least 30-40 hours into mine.

The Harmony takes about 30 minutes to setup, and I like it better for day to day use because of the hard buttons. It is not as flexible as the Pronto, however.

The site I linked to above is probably the best remote control community/resource on the net.

Old 03-23-04, 05:08 PM
Resaw
Visiting Guest
I think you're right about the Phillips remote. It does sound like a project to set up, but i think that's what he likes about it

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: