t.v. is on but picture is fuzzy

Old 05-24-04, 06:02 PM
latonyakevin
Visiting Guest
Unhappy t.v. is on but picture is fuzzy

hi
this is kevin i have a 27in sansui you probably never heard of it but every time we turn it on the picture is fuzzy you cant see anything do we need to buy a new one help if you can

Old 05-24-04, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look for a focus control on your TV. It may not be on the outside. You may need to take the back off. Be careful, the focus control us usually around the high voltage section. There could be a failure of that system and the focus control won't do you any good. It's just a guess and the first thing to check.

Old 05-24-04, 09:20 PM
Before you take the back off, make sure your connections (F-type) are on securely and it's not broken(loose) at the tv. Try another smaller tv using the same cable IN to the tv for comparison.

fred

Old 06-19-04, 09:29 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Talking

Just remember there's a *lot more* to focusing your picture tube than just rotating the focus back and forth.

Following these steps restored my 1987 20" ColorTrak to almost out-of-the-box crispness!:

#1. I turned the TV on to a sport in progress, lots of action(NASCAR Race in my case). Let it warm up 15min.

#2. Turned the User "Sharpness" knob(front of TV) down all the way and contrast *almost all the way down.

#3. Turned on my VCR and switched to a programming or setup menu.

#4. While observing the menu text in the middle of the screen, I rotated the focus until the text appeared sharpest.

#5. I turned the Contrast back up to it's previous level(about 3/4 of the way to the right for this set).

#6. Turned sharpness up to just past the mid-point.

Presto - this '87 classic really shows off well! Could see every wart and wrinkle on GW's forehead.

-Jack

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: