Play music in 3 separate rooms @ same time or 1 @ a time

Old 06-11-04, 04:58 PM
jawshoouh
Visiting Guest
Play music in 3 separate rooms @ same time or 1 @ a time

Ok, I'm not sure if I can explain this very well, but here goes...

A friend of mine has 2 speakers already installed (in-the-wall) in her kitchen, 2 more speakers outside on her patio, but does not have a receiver yet. She wants the head unit in her family and wants to put 2 more speakers in the family room, and possibly 2 speakers into the living room (but that's optional at this point). She wants 3 things:

1) to be able to play music in the kitchen, on the patio, and in the family room at the same time
2) to be able to play music in one room but not the other two at the same time
3) to be able to play music in two rooms at the same time but not the other room

Is there a receiver that can do such a thing? I've only ever seen an A/B speaker switch on receivers. If so, which one? If not, is there some other solution that could easily fix her up without breaking her bank?

Thank you in advance,
Josh

Old 06-15-04, 12:08 AM
PunkBassist
Visiting Guest
You could try running them all in parallel and putting a switch on each set of speakers so they can be individually turned on or off. The only thing to worry about then would be matching individual impedances on sets of speakers...

Old 06-15-04, 05:37 AM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speaker selector box

You need a speaker switch box. I've seen them for 4 and 6 speakers. These boxes have circuitry so you don't need to worry about the impedences. Circuit City carries them. I'd imagine Radio Shack and others have them, too.

Old 06-15-04, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator
Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
jawshoouh,

Here is a recent thread that discuses this subject.

Old 06-15-04, 01:52 PM
jawshoouh
Visiting Guest
great, thanks for the responses all!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: