RCA TV - No Power

Old 06-17-04, 09:51 PM
N
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RCA TV - No Power

Got an RCA TV, model no G27750WKA, about 8 yrs old. While watching it today, it shut off. No flashes, noises, burnt electronic smell, just off. Now, it won't turn on. Once again, no clicks, whines, nothing when you hit the power button. I've confirmed I'm getting power to the set. I pulled the panel off the back, and the only thing I can visually check is the fuse where the power cord comes in, and it's good. Up to now, it's been great. No problems at all.

Any thoughts??

Thanks!
Jeff

Old 06-22-04, 03:36 AM
doingitmyself
Visiting Guest
some have a second fuse, near the Flyback transformer that protects the HV. And this is very high voltage so be careful. The flyback has the lead to the picture tube (2nd anode). This set should be off for at least 24 hrs before you go messing with the inside of it, and even then, unless you know how to discharge the HV on the tube, you gotta be careful. Visually inspect, very carefully without messing with the flyback, to see if there's a second fuse. If it's blown, you've got HV problems, and is probably something you need a service tech for. Which, I am not, so wait for others to reply.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: