Help with Zenith SG2821H?

Old 07-10-04, 02:07 PM
BunnyMom
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Help with Zenith SG2821H?

A friend has recently gotten a "curbside collectable" Zenith Advanced System 3 (SG2721H9). Although the people told her that it worked fine, once we got it home, we found out differently. Working from just an outdoor antenna, the picture was sepia colored and snowy. Now that she's hooked up a dish, it has bands of blue and red running through the picture constantly! Picture is good, no snow, just the darn colors! Tag in back says that it was manufactured in December of 1990. I know that 14-yrs is pretty old in TV terms, but can this thing be fixed? And if so, how? New picture tube for just color? Also, it has the color blob when you turn off the TV, I know this is just a voltage thing, but thought I'd mention it. I've looked through many TV repair sites and can't seem to find any help with what might be wrong, so any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Old 07-11-04, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it may be a noise problem, interfence from line, other appliances, etc. try to remove near by apliances, just unplug them from ac socket, and notice if there is a diference.
the signal may be qustionalbe, so hook up a vcr with a known good tape, and see if there is any differences.
yes the set can be fixed, zenith has removable modules so this should easy for a tech to troubleshoot and repair.
this set is it's golden years so that is something to be aware of.
good luck, snuffs

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: