demagnatizing tv

Old 08-05-04, 02:42 AM
volfan945
Visiting Guest
Question demagnatizing tv

how can i demagnatize my tv with the things i have around the house? i saw one person talking about using a solding gun . what does that do for it ? thanks

Old 08-05-04, 05:54 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Anything using wire windings will work. Soldering GUNS (not irons), drills, and other motors will work to an extent. Severe magnetism will need the proper coil.

Dakota

Old 08-05-04, 08:38 PM
Terahertz
Visiting Guest
if you need a coil find a shadowed pole motor. (the kind used in exhaust fans) and take the coil off it. thats what i use.

NOTE: do not use direct current coils, they will only make the magnetism worse, you need an AC coil.

Old 08-07-04, 12:05 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The way to demagnetize the TV is with a coil. You said you wanted to find something around the house. Do you have an extention cord that is maybe 50ft or more. Coil it up in a tight circle with a diameter of no more that
10 inches. Wrap tape around it to secure. Leave about 6 ft so you can plug it in. Then slowly move it around the picture very close to the tube and then in a constant circular motion bring it away from the tube.

Old 08-17-04, 07:16 PM
biac
Visiting Guest
demagnatizing tv?

You should not have to do this,as all new tv's and computer monitors do this when you turn them on.
If you have a color problem,try turning the set on,then off a few times.
If that don't work,you'r set needs more in-depth service.

Good luck.

Old 08-18-04, 09:36 PM
nikon90s
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by volfan945
how can i demagnatize my tv with the things i have around the house? i saw one person talking about using a solding gun . what does that do for it ? thanks
what is your TV doing and are you talking about Defrag?

Old 08-18-04, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator
Received 66 Upvotes on 61 Posts
zigzag's suggestion of using a coil of extension cord would need to have a high current device, like a 1500 watt heater plugged in to allow the current flow to create a flux.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: