DVD player keeps blowing fuses

Old 08-09-04, 05:33 PM
StefDWE
Visiting Guest
DVD player keeps blowing fuses

Toshiba model SD-1700U has blown 3 fuses since yesterday. In the middle of watching something the player froze up and wouldn't go back to the menu. My husband turned it off and unplugged it. Then it wouldn't come back on. He opened it up and found the burned out fuse. He has replaced the fuse twice with the same result. It burns out immediately. Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Old 08-09-04, 10:28 PM
GlassesRx
Visiting Guest
Cool

Here's my 2 cents...good your husband found the fuse. Some would have just thrown out the DVD player thinking it was dead. First, is your dvd plugged into those multi outlet adapters? Connected to a surge protector? If not, I always connect my home electronics, any electronics w/ a "quality" surge protector. Seems you might be getting a surge causing your fuse to blow. I would try to find out where that outlet connects to as well. It might be connected to another outlet. Many homes have one line spliced out to several rooms. Making a long story short..try the easiet steps first. Try another outlet if you can. Hope that helps..let us know how it works out. PS...don't forget a good surge protector :-)

Old 08-12-04, 07:48 AM
StefDWE
Visiting Guest
Thank you. We did have the DVD player plugged into a newer, good surge protector the first time the fuse blew. The last two times it was plugged in to an outlet in a different room. Any other thoughts?

Old 08-12-04, 01:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

you have a dead short in your dvd.probably in the power supply. take it to a repair shop and get an estimate. hope this helps. good luck, snuffs

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: