big screen corner drooping

Old 08-10-04, 10:37 AM
evncopsdial911
Visiting Guest
big screen corner drooping

so here is my problem i went up stairs and saw my big screen is blury in the top right half of the corner area. and i have a green or pink(i'm color blind) half circle that drops down from the top of the screen about 4 inches. heres the kicker the tv is only a year and a half old and just feLL out of warranty. also there are no speakers near it and it has recieved no punishment so if you could tell me what is wrong and maybe how difficult to fix i would appreciate. of cours then i need to know where to find a repair man around here (smyrna tn) cause i couldn't put a toilet seat down if i had a box of tools.

Last edited by evncopsdial911; 08-10-04 at 10:42 AM. Reason: MISSPELLED WORD
Old 08-10-04, 11:23 AM
evncopsdial911
Visiting Guest
now the red or pink line is right at the top its a half inch thick and slightly curved and everything in the corner has a big green line around it

Old 08-10-04, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You probably have a bubble in the fluid of your projection TV tube. Probably the green one. Like a level that gets air in it and the bubble then gets off kilter this is what has happened to your TV. The picture tubes have a coolant fluid over them that are sealed. You moved your tv and disturbed the coolant. Like in a level with the bubble you need to shake your tv to dislodge the bubble that is blocking and distorting the colors. If you shake it enough it will go to the bottom and disappear.

Old 08-10-04, 05:13 PM
evncopsdial911
Visiting Guest
that might be it but what i was saying was i haven't moved it or anything i tried shaking it and that didn't work but i appreciate the advice.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: