27 " Zenith Floor model need help

Old 08-10-04, 06:55 PM
smj5169
Visiting Guest
27 " Zenith Floor model need help

Yes I have a 27 " Zenith Floor model that is about 5 years old, we don't use it alot to watch TV but the kids use it alot for video games. The problem is when it is on any TV station after about 10 minutes it starts going from a perfect picture to like complete static and snow with no tv sound (like your cable is going out) and continues to jump back and forth like that until you turn TV off and let it sit for atleast an hour. It jumps back and forth like that constant every second so you can't watch a show. We have a TV/video button on remote you hit it to video for the kids to play their playstation when they are on video playing the game the TV stays perfect no problems. It is about 5 years old like to keep it a little longer but will have to replace if it is a big problem. Thanks

Old 08-10-04, 07:34 PM
Shoohab
Visiting Guest
I'm not an expert, but it sounds like a tuner problem. It works fine when the kids use the a/v channel, but while watching other channels, pic goes in and out? probably the tuner.

The only thing I can think of that wouldn't be costly would be to run a vcr through the a/v channel (or video channel) and use the tuner on the vcr to watch tv shows. As for the game, plug that into the audio/video in on the vcr, then when the kids want to play their game, change the vcr to the av channel.

If you don't have an extra vcr laying around, they can usually be bought at Wal Mart or Kmart for $50 (USdollars) which is roughly 1/4th the cost of a new 27inch tv.

Hope that helped.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: