RCA CTC185AB3 Turns Itself Off

Old 08-15-04, 01:09 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
RCA CTC185AB3 Turns Itself Off

My RCA 25" TV, chassis number CTC185AB3, will just turn itself off after it is on. Sometimes it can be on for hours, and other times just minutes before it turns itself off. Usually I can turn it back on after several attemps, but now it won't go on at all. What could be the faulty component? I have the printed circuit board out of it now, but there are no obvious signs of trouble such as a blown capacitor. Does this sound like a power supply issue? Any and all replys are greatly appreciated.

Old 08-15-04, 08:33 PM
coolball1
Visiting Guest
just a guess

Sounds to me like it could be the power button on the board malfunctioning

Old 08-16-04, 12:21 PM
melwats
Visiting Guest
Mel

RCA TVx from the early to late 90s were kwown for deteriorating solder joints which led to intermitent conditions. If your set has never been in the shop for repairs, that is the first place that I would look. Since not all of these solder joints are in places that are readily accessable, it would probably be best to let an exprerianced person do the work.

This thread has been edited.

"Advertisements within the forums are not allowed.

Ads, advertisements, solicitations to buy or sell products, services or solicitations to hire a person, company to do work are not allowed within the forums.

Advertisement Policy and Disclosure Statements:

This forum topic nor any other forum topic on this web site was not intended to be used as a public bulletin board for the free posting of ads, solicitations and/or advertisements of any kind.

Forums and their topics where intended to be used to exchange helpful problem solving methods and solutions to questions and not intended to be used as a public advertisement bulletin board.

Unfit and inappropriate postings not relevent to the intent of this web site, postings containing ads, advertisements, solicitations or any such postings deemed as such by the hosts, administration, or moderators of the forums will be edited and or deleted without prior notice.

Kindly direct your advertisements to our advertisement department using the "receive advertising info" link provided on the bottom of every web page.

To solicit a contractor or company to perform services for you, please use the: "Get Matched with PreScreened Local Contractors" pictorial link provided on the top right hand side of every web page.

Do not use email communications or PMs to send ads, advertisements or solicitations to our members or moderators. Our members email addresses and Personal {PM} Message services are not intended to be used for advertisement or solicitations of any type.

Failure to comply with these policy rules, any part of the policy rules, will result in loss of membership privileges allowed on this web site.

If anyone has any objections to this policy, I encourage you to contact the website administrator directly and state your objection.

The "Contact Us" link is provide below for your convenience."

Doug Aleshire
Super Moderator

Last edited by Doug Aleshire; 08-20-04 at 07:44 AM. Reason: No Advertising or Soliciting

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: