Auto Stereo Speakers

Old 08-18-04, 12:17 PM
Baseball Bernie
Visiting Guest
Auto Stereo Speakers

I bought a Kia Amanti about a month ago. The model I have only has 8 speakers. The rear deck has a big speaker cover without a speaker. I was told it's there for the model that gets the infinity system.

I went to a Car Toys store and asked about a speaker to put in there and they wanted $700. They said I needed a 6" or 8" speaker, an amp, an amp kit and a box they would build under the speaker cover in the trunk. It already has a curved space that hangs down in the trunk, but they said they need something bigger.

I was hoping to spend between $100 to $200. I was hoping to just increase the sound some what and make use of the space thats there.

They told me just putting another speaker there will do nothing for the sound. They say I need the amp and stuff to get the bass effect to increase the sound.

I'm 49 years old and listen to classic rock most of the time. I like it fairly loud but I've never been a fan of the boom boom bass sound. Do I have any other options that make since? $700 is out of the question!

Old 08-18-04, 09:09 PM
nikon90s
Visiting Guest
Did you tell them you wanted more bass or just better sound? It sounds like you want better sound and if you where to ask me I would say replaces the front speakers first. I think your car takes 6 1/2 up there but I have not looked it up, go back the shop, find out the size, ask him to play head unit not a amp(YOU DO NOT NEED A AMP) to the speakers and tell the sales guy to get lost. Spend some time listing to the speakers and keep in mind that your car is smaller and most of the time they sound a little better in your car. After you do that drive it for a while and see if that is what you want or if you want more. Most of the time that will do the trick they use &%$ speakers in cars most of the time or make you PAY A TON for a "upgraded" system (never get that)
Have fun

Old 08-18-04, 11:35 PM
Baseball Bernie
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Got It!

Got It!

Thanks for your help!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: